Department Of Research Development
Research excellence in all fields of study is essential to the mission of Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Institute of Trauma (SMBBIT) and a high priority, as the key element to the success of the Institute of Trauma profile that need to be preserved.The instituting of Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Institute of Trauma (SMBBIT), Department of Research Development made with the aim to create a research culture and strengthening the efforts to produce high quality research at the institute. The department has involved in teaching as well as monitoring the research related reprocesses at SMBBIT. For practical reasons, many sections and processes are in place at the department of research to strengthen the advancement of research culture at SMBBIT from 2019.
To be recognized as the icon of advanced research. The Office of Research will create an outstanding climate of support for researchers, broadly enabling stellar research advances.
The Department facilitates research that enhances the knowledge building environment at SMBBIT by:
- Advancing research culture
- Promotion of independent research projects in all fields with a drive for lifelong learning through creativity and innovative research
- Ensuring that research meets the highest ethical and quality standards through opentransparent processes.
- Strategically invests in promising research and researchers
- Develops strong relationships with sponsors
- Enhances the ability to perform research in a global community
Ethical Review Committee
The purpose of an Ethical Review Committee (ERC) is to review the research protocol /proposal to ensure the rights, safety of any human subjects involved in research, and state whether or not it is ethically acceptable.
Department of Research Development,
12th floor faculty offices,
Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto Institute of Trauma,
Chand Bibi Road Karachi.
Phone #: +92 99215740 , Ext: 7736,7739